Thursday, September 4, 2008

Time to talk about the Jeep

Ok enough with the gun stuff for a minute! I feel like talking about my little project, my 1976 Jeep CJ 5. This little gem has 42000 original miles and a few engine modification to its tiny 258 inline 6 cylinder. We're talking headers, performance intake, upgraded carb, and cammed. This thing will break the tires loose in second gear on dry pavement.
Now this is what I'm waiting to do as soon as the weather grants me the pleasure of working outside. I'm going to use truck bed liner on the entire floor of the Jeep. Next will come the bed liner on the outside from the top of the fenders down, but I will not be doing this, the auto body shop will take care of that little detail for me for $300. I would like to get a new soft top for it but that might have to wait for next year so repairs to the old top will have to work for now.
I have had a little idea of putting a in-dash dvd ans screen system in but the wife says that the Jeep is just too loud. I informed her that she has no idea of the sound system I plan to put in and with the help of my Marley, well lets just say its a good thing that its a soft top!
I do have many more ideas for this project and will write them down in more detail soon! Like possibly a new set of bucket seats, a suspension lift kit of 2", and well thats enough for now!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well, my Bunn, as I said before, I think it is a great idea, however, financially--well, lets just say, I have one and I don't have a job...the choices we make. skb