Thursday, November 13, 2008

Bite the Bullet Update



I'm having a hard time deciding what optics to put on. I've found a scope that I like all the features and the price isn't to far out there. The Millett Tactical TRS-1 Rifle Scope. This scope features a 30mm tube, 4-16x50, illuminated mil-dot, side focus and a 3 inch sunshade. reading reviews from other people who have bought it makes me think that for the $300 bills it is the scope for me. The next hurtle to over come is what rings do I want to use? Any suggestions?


After looking for a long time at the Bell and Carlson A-2, I came to the conclusion that I wanted something with a little more. What that little more was came by way of an adjustable cheek rest. Although the stock doesn't come with one I discovered that a person can make one with little to no hassle. Just get yourself a small sheet of kydex and heat form it. After that is done then cut 2 long slots for a bolt to slide through and drill 2 holes through the stock. There you have it an adjustable cheek rest for your rifle.
I know that in the last post I said that I was going to have a gray stock with the black webbing but I think that I will go with the plain black stock. I'm doing this for one reason, cost! For me this is going to be a budget build. I just want a good accurate rifle but I don't want to spend a mint to get one. In all honesty I'm looking at spending a total of $750.00 to have a sub moa rifle. Once parts start showing up I'll post pics and details of what is being done to the rifle. My hope is that I will photo every step that the rifle goes through until it is finished. I also hope that I will be able to shoot it at the local range before we get 4 feet of snow. (The range is closed during the winter months due to snow)

No comments: