
Well I finally took the steps towards building my very own sniper rifle. I'm building the rifle off of a HOWA 1500 action with a 24 inch barrel and of course in .308 Winchester. From all the research that I've found, this rifle should shoot a sub-moa 3 shot group at 100 yards. I saw pics of a target that had been shot at 100 yards with a out-of-the-box howa varmint rifle that had a group size of .25 inches. That was before the barrel had been broke in! Now that impresses me. I plan on placing this action into a Bell and Carlson A-2 tactical stock. Barrel, action and rings and bases will be parkerized. The stock will be gray with black webbing. I have no idea what optics I'll be placing on it. I hate to spend more on optics than I did to build the gun. Barreled action and scope base.... $354.00, Bell and Carlson stock....... $260.00. The optics that I've been looking at are starting at $250 and going to $1700. Here is a picture of one that someone had build to sale and listed it on a forum. This has the same stock that I will be using but in tan. When the parts start coming in I'll take pics and post them.

No comments:
Post a Comment