Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Bite the Bullet Scope Time!

Well the scope finally came today. I was supposed to be sleeping today because I have the night shift but I was to excited to get the scope on the rifle I couldn't sleep. The Burris XTR rings are massive and look extremely strong. The Butler Creek scope caps are just are they have always been and fit great. Finally done to the scope. It looks well put together and the knobs for elevation and windage are indexed out to 14. At a 1/4" per click this scope will give me 56 clicks without passing zero. The scope is on and bore sighted and knobs are re zeroed so its ready for its first shot. I just have to do the dreaded break-in on the barrel. After I take it to the range I'll write up a report of how everything went. I hope that after the break-in that the rifle will shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards.

No comments: